An exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving outside broadcast and film support business who are urgently looking for a Warehouse Supervisor. This is a busy and growing business that has been at the centre of outside power generation and provision for the industry for over 20 years. If you are cool under pressure, work well in a team and have a can-do approach, then this role is worth applying for.
This is an urgent requirement so please send your CV and Cover letter ASAP via The List website www.thelistuk.com where the role will be shown as a Featured Job. However, if it is not for you, please feel free to pass this Mailshot on to friends and colleagues.
Salary – negotiable including benefits
Our client is the principle supplier to the broadcast industry for mobile silent generators, power distribution, lighting and crew. They work with all key broadcasters such as Sky, BBC, ITV & BT looking after mainly sports contracts. The warehouse supervisor will work closely under the operations office team and would be responsible for the day to day running of the busy warehouse including supervising both warehouse and workshop staff.
You will have experience working in a fast-paced busy environment, must be able to work under pressure, fit in well within a team environment, have a can-do approach and be well organised. Potentially there are long days however flexibility is essential as there will be a requirement to take calls out of hours and at weekends. To cover busy periods weekend work may be necessary with paid overtime to ensure the smooth operation of the company.
· Management of a complex and dynamic warehouse with a focus on electrical items
· Preparation of equipment for the various jobs booked to go out
· Ensuring equipment is prepped to a good standard, is complete and electrically tested prior to leaving the warehouse in a timely manner
· Ensure all vehicles are loaded safely, neatly and within legal weight limits
· Unloading of vehicles, checking equipment back in and putting away
· Refuelling of all gensets and vehicles ready for use
· Ensuring vehicles are clean and presentable
· Dealing with daily deliveries & collections
· Dealing with sub-hire equipment collections and returns
· Supervising warehouse and workshop staff on a daily basis
· Good Communication
· Willing to work independently
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Good at working under pressure
· A flexible attitude to working
· Good at problem solving
· Industry experience
· Basic computer skills (Word and excel)
· First Aid at work/fire warden qualification
· Warehouse asset management and tracking experience
· Clean driving licence (LGV Class C would be useful)
· Fork lift licence
The role comes with private health care, workplace pension, death in service benefit and 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
Please apply ASAP with your CV and Cover Letter via The List website www.thelistuk.com where the role will be shown as a Featured Job.